Music Ministry“Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts” — Psalm 105:2
Music and Worship in the Life of the Church
In addition to rich and beautiful congregational singing, our 9:30 am worship service is filled with musical offerings from our Chancel Choir, Organist, Mark Edwards, Chancel Bell Choir, Men’s Ensemble, Emanon, Baker Brass Ensemble, Youth Choir, Youth Bell Choir, pianist, Sam Wyatt and soloists. The service offers a variety of musical styles from traditional anthems and offertories to contemporary selections.
We are a community that welcomes all to participate in the music program. If you are just wanting to try being involved musically and have never done so, you are welcome here. If you are an experienced musician you are welcome here as well. You can sign up to join an ensemble at any time of the year and no audition is necessary. Here is a list of available music ensembles to join. All those signing up will receive an email from your director as to when rehearsals start and when you will be scheduled to participate in worship.
- Youth Choir, boys and girls ages 3rd through 8th grade. Kathy Olivarez, Director
Rehearsals, Wednesdays from 5-5:30 pm
- Youth Bell Choir, boys and girls ages 3rd through 8th grade, Kathy Olivarez, Director
Rehearsals, Wednesdays, from 4:30-5 pm
- Youth instrumental opportunities, boys and girls ages 3rd through 8th grade, Kathy Olivarez, Director
- Chancel Choir, High school age and above, Jeff Hunt, Director
Rehearsals, Wednesdays, 6:30-8 pm
- Chancel Bell Choir, High school age and above, Jeff Hunt, Director
Rehearsals, 6-6:30 pm
- Men’s Ensemble, High School age and above, John Clarke and Jeff Hunt, Directors
Scheduled Sunday mornings at 8:30 am
- Baker Brass Ensemble, Gil Wukitsch and Rob Murphy, Directors
Music Sign Up
To sign up for one of the music groups you see here, go to Baker Music Sign-Ups
Music Ministry Staff
Learn more about our Music Ministry Staff by clicking here.
Join a Music Group
The worship life and fellowship of Baker Memorial UMC are enriched by a strong music program. Our choirs & soloists provide the music for worship each Sunday. In addition, the adult choir presents a longer, sacred work every Christmas season. One of the highlights in May is Music Sunday. There are music groups targeted to all age groups and interest levels. Our music programs are open to anyone with a love of music and a willingness to work on creating it. Our musicians enjoy the fellowship which comes with participating in the music program. For more information, contact Jeffrey Hunt, Director of Music.
– Jeffrey Hunt, Director of Music
“Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him. “